Skip to main content

The Scars . . . Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace



  ©+Laurie Pace       Graphics One Design 2017

 Summer Horse 57  Sold   Oil on Canvas.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The marks humans leave are too often scars."  John Green, The Fault in Our Stars

Ask any mother with grown children to talk about when they were in labor giving birth to their children and they will remember all the funny unique things, including the joy of the baby's arrival, but not very many will remember the vivid pain of labor and delivery. The growing years of that child will produce many painful situations as they struggle toward independence.

I think of what Job went through in the Bible and know that there was a time after it all happened, that he would remember it without hurt, pain and loss. The devil caused Job's pain and suffering, but Job did not know that and knew his heart and life belonged to God but wanted to know what he had done to cause God to bring all this upon him.  In the end,  God made Job successful where he could move on in life despite the pain and loss brought on by the storm he had endured. I struggled reading this again recently how easy it was for Job to lose his entire family in basically a blink of time.  

No matter what the journey may be, God is there with you. God knows we reach out to Him when we are in the midst of pain and suffering. He is our strength. The memory of the storms happening may stay with you, but time will fade the pain as God's gentleness of life fills back into you. Are there things that have happened in your life that you want to forget, or tried to forget? We all have something we cling to.  

Let it go today....and move on in your life to the positive side of living.

Grace and Abundance,
Laurie

"My son, do not forget my teaching, but keep my commands in your heart," Proverbs 3:1


#horsepainting  #lauriepaceart  #equineart

Laurie Pace
A Texas Artist 


GALLERY LINKS

© Graphics One Design 2017

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...