Skip to main content
A Bit of Wonder
Contemporary Horse Oil Daily Painting Art by Laurie Justus Pace

24 x 30 x 2 inches of thick buttery oils!
Contact me to purchase: Laurie



"This is the day that the Lord has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it".
Psalm 118:24

It was a day of celebration yesterday as Lauren Gracen was born. Stacey began her labor around nine in the morning and was ready to push by 12:15, but they held her off while getting things set up. Took four good contractions with multiple pushes and the baby was there! All grandparents accounted for to count the toes and fingers! My admiration is for my daughter and her bravery and calmness despite the tension and newness of what she faced. I was honored to be there as the baby was delivered seeing my granddaughter push out into the light and take her first breathe... and then cry... and that she did. Terry was able to participate and he and Larry helped with pushing and getting Stacey upright for the process and then Terry was honored to cut the umbilical cord. God is good... and blessed is our daughter, our son-in-law and our precious new grand-daughter.




Celebrating the miracle of life....
Laurie

"Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth. Worship the Lord with gladness; come before Him with joyful songs." Psalm 100:1-2

Comments

SusanD said…
So glad to hear your joyous news. Blessings to you and your family. Susan
Kathryn Grider said…
Congratulations! God bless your family. Kathryn
gentlereins said…
Laurie, happiness expressed for you and your family, from Darci & the herd in South Dakota.

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...