Skip to main content

Lone Wolf Contemporary Wolf Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

  © G.O.D. Laurie Justus Pace      Graphics One Design 2014


Lone Wolf Painting progress
24 x 36 Mixed Media 

If I had my way I would stop here. I love this. But I know I have to push on with the painting despite the temptation to keep this wolf painting more mystical. I have that fear that I will mess it up along the way.

So many times while working an artist ignores the spirit of the painting. They seem to already have a plan for the painting, a path and expectations for where it will end up.  So yes, it presents for me the same conflict with God.  He has a plan for our lives... every single day.  But we have a plan as well.  He gives us freedom to do as we want, but often our decisions and situations end up on a path that is not good for us. Our choices were not the right choices.

He will forgive us if we ask and we acknowledge our situation. Allowing Him in to walk with us each day, will allow Him to guide us on our way.

  
"You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand" (Psalm 16:11)

Let me know if you like this more 'unfinished look'. I really want to explore it more.




Laurie Pace
A Texas Artist 


GALLERY LINKS

© Graphics One Design 2014

Comments

Unknown said…
Lovely! yes I think it would look cool if you left it as it was too, but the good thing about it is you can always paint another :)
Yes, I would be tempted to stop as well...lively, bold and mysterious. Lovely!

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...