Skip to main content

Colorful Palette Knife Horse Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Horse in Day

5 x 7 inches Oil on Board Click the Painting to purchase at Ugallery.
  

©Laurie Pace    Graphics One Design 1998-2011  
Contact me for your own commissioned painting or to purchase this piece: Laurie  
Who are you?

Really, who are you?  Think about it for a few moments. If you were going to guess how people view you, who are you?  Our view of our self is NOT what others actually see.  What do they see?

You are a pure reflection of your thoughts. They actually affect your facial expressions, your mannerisms and your speech. So who are you?
 
You are a product of your thinking... describe yourself by describing how you think.  
 
"I am a rose colored glasses person. Negativity is not my way."
 
Hey wait I say it is not there, BUT it is there.  WHY?  Because I have negative thoughts through out the day.  I worry and I think of things that I should not dwell on. Even though I do not describe myself that way... that is how people see me if they are around me.  I don't think they do, but they do. I worry and try to hide it behind those rose colored glasses. 

We never truly see ourselves as others see us. We have this "boxed image" of what we want others to see that we have created in our minds to represent us.  Sorry to tell you, that is NOT what they see.  That is the picture you have created in your mind of who you are that you see, but not what others see.

Begin by eliminating one bad habit and replacing it with a good one. For me it is to work on the worry element. I have begun banishing it by immediately reciting from Paul's words. I want to learn to leave my worries with my prayers... for everything...not just now and then. This is a new habit I am trying to instill in my life.

Life is full of change and change is nothing more than change. How we react to it and view it determines if we see it as something of value or not.  As a believer we must recognize all change is from God and we must allow Him to do His perfect work in us.  We may not react at first in a positive way, but that is where prayer must come in to help us refocus and put Him first. Thoughts of heaven and our Father and what is perfect and right in His eyes. If that is our focus change can happen.  

Through the good and the bad, the happy and the sad, through illness and health, through laughter and tears, 'my help cometh from the Lord, which made Heaven and earth.'
   
Laurie        
 
"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things" Phil 4:8

 
GALLERY LINKS

Comments

beckielboo said…
What a lovely way to begin this beautiful Sunday morning. I could reach for a thousand words and never have said - in thought or beauty - what you have said. I will think of these things and thank you, thank you!

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...