Skip to main content

Abstract Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Abstract 150
16 x 20 inches  Acrylic on Canvas  

SOLD
      
© Laurie Pace   Graphics One Design 1998-2011

Homeward Bound

We arrived back in the Piney woods of Tall Tree around six last night. The heat is very oppressive.  We shared lunch with my Mom and Dad, hit Whole Foods and then hit Interstate 30 Homeward Bound.  

BTW....It was Paul Simon that actually wrote that song many years ago. He was living in Brentwood Essex, England and wanted to get home after a performance in Wigan... and yet he also yearned to return to the US. It is a favorite on my guitar from the sixties.
We seem to spend much of our lives trying to get somewhere.  Be it a new job, finding a new place to live, or a new church home, or new friends, a vacation, or something that pops up in life. We are rarely satisfied with what we have and are constantly looking and yearning for things beyond our presence. 

I know many times I have heard the phrase...Home is where the heart is. I believe Lady Antebellum sang a song entitled Home is Where the Heart Is. And where that is you will always find love.  

If you want pure unconditional love, and you believe Home is where the heart is, and the phrase Homeward Bound... that is one in the same with Heaven bound. That constant love we all seek is found only through Him. We literally live our lives Homeward Bound.  And during this lifetime, home is indeed where the heart is, and your heart is in His hands.


Comments

Can I just say, WOW I love Homeward Bound... The painting hit mit like a ton of bricks and your blog did as well! I've missed your blogs, I've been out of commision in Physical Therapy Recovery. SO great to see your work, how inspiring! Will have to listen to Simon's Homeward Bound as well!
Thank you

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...