Skip to main content

Progression A Morning Walk in His Garden, Figurative Children Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace, Gratitude Opens the Heart - Pass it on.

Progression on "A Morning Walk in His Garden"
3 ft by 4 ft  Oil on Canvas      

SOLD Commission Painting
Contact me for your own painting. Laurie
 
 © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2011



 GRATITUDE OPENS THE HEART

Gratitude is defined by Wikipedia:
"Gratitude is a state or feeling of appreciation for anything. It could be a relationship, abundance, state of health, personal or public blessings, there is no limit to what gratitude could be applied to.  -  Many feel that gratitude itself has a power to it. That as we appreciate something in this way it expands"

When I looked it up in Wikipedia, I loved the last line, "That as we appreciate something in this way it expands."

YES YES YES.  I like this thought that there is a continuation that spreads and grows with a positive cycle. We have many simple things to be grateful for in every day. A few would be food, shelter and family. 

Never get so caught up in life that you take them for granted. Appreciate your family and friends. Appreciate the material blessings in life that do come your way. As you give gratitude your heart opens more to give back to others so that they receive. 

The continuum of giving and receiving provides double blessings for you and those around you.  Your joy and gratitude overflow to abundantly bless others around you. God is listening.   Gratitude has a power for sure... it expands exponentially out to the world.

“Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, confusion into clarity.... It turns problems into gifts, failures into success, the unexpected into perfect timing, and mistakes into important events. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow.”  Melody Beattie

Start your day with a shift in perspective... find something you are grateful for as you begin the day and as you end the day.


Laurie          

“Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.”   —I Thessalonians 5:18

 
GALLERY LINKS

Comments

Angie in AZ said…
great post! If you have not heard of or read the new book titled "One Thousand Gifts", I HIGHLY recommend it. It is one of the best books I have ever read and focuses on our relationship with God in gratitude. God has grown so much bigger in my process of reading it. The author is Ann Voskamp. She's an amazing, poetic writer. I've underlined almost the whole book! LOL! It's a must read on this subject you have presented in your post today.

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...