Skip to main content

'The Race of the Green and Blue Horses' Contemporary Equine Art Horse Oil Large Daily Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace


'The Race of Green and Blue Horses'

30 x 30 Inches Oil on Canvas
SOLD! Thank you.
Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie



© Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2009

The Painting:  Brilliant colors burst through on this end of the year celebration of the life of 2009 in the studio.  Daring boldness and VERY thick paint. It cannot ship until the first of the year.


The Thought:  I am blogging the night before (Monday Night) and this will post Tuesday morning. EXHAUSTED from keeping up with Tink but oh what fun we had at Oma's house.  I prepared Oma's homemade pancakes this morning and she was oh so happy with her first taste of pancakes with real maple syrup. YUM.

We have her again tomorrow... which is today if you are reading this ... and I am on my way to meet her mother to pick her up half way between their home and our home... so knowing we have to leave at six,  I decided to blog the night before.


Do you ever listen to "Godly" music?  Not sure how to explain this, but not necessarily always hymns but music that honors Him? My music is what carries me through my day.  I listen to a variety of genres from Celtic to Sixties Rock and Roll to a folder marked Today Christian Music.  This holds a variety of artists.  This music is so inspiring and uplifting. You will find yourself uplifted if you listen to it...so I am suggesting you go buy yourself a new CD for Christmas and make your New Year Rock!

When I play the piano I tend to play older hymns that I grew up with in church.  When I am on guitar I will play more gospel or old religion music that truly penetrates the hardest shell. I sing right along and find when I am through that all the tension has left my body... and I am uplifted and smiling again.

Listen to the good things in life and soon your train of thought will stay in the positive.

Laurie

“While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born, and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn.” Luke 2:6-7  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Media Collage Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Justus Pace

  © G.O.D. Laurie Justus Pace      Graphics One Design 2013 Horse Collage Fall 2013  12 x 18 inches Mixed Media on Canvas.  This was an intentional paint to imitate one of the 100 ponies I did in 2012. That poor little 8 x 10 pony was loved by a company to do very large prints and it was not here for me to even use to scan... so I created something with the same heart, a kindred spirit. The underlays are pages from a western book and then torn papers of different varieties were added along with stains of paint and purposeful areas of paint.  This would not be a painting I would do today, but the goal was to capture the spirit of the first painting. This is available for purchase. Please click here  to see pricing and painting. Laurie Pace A Texas Artist Pace Studio  Graphics One Design My Blog          My Website          Gicl...

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...