Skip to main content
Odd Tree Central Park New York
Landscape in Oil by Laurie Justus Pace

18 x 24 x 2 inches

Inquiries: Laurie


Deep into summer here in Texas I always find myself seeking shade when I am outside. When Mom and I were over at her new house for a visit two days ago, Kyle was there planning the back beds and the water feature. I kept urging mother into the shade. Temperatures are hovering at the 100 plus mark already and this is but June. Usually we see those in late July and early August, so that sort of concerns me. Rain is scarce and the water tables are beginning to drop. Then Terry told me about the Pythons that are spreading across the southern US and how far north we have to move to be safe. An epidemic of pythons? Sounds like something out of the Bible for sure. They are always seeking shade under something where you do not see them.

Being aware in our lives is of utmost importance to our survival. We are precious to the Lord and He offers up all we need to make this journey. Some days it is in the form of intuition to not do something or to take a different route to work. Other days it is when we cannot find something we have hidden from ourselves, and He places it before us. He is the voice in our head that speaks up against our inner child voice. No matter what or where he is there. He is our shade in the sun, our refuge from the world.

Mom is still slow in recovery from surgery. Fever seems to hang on in the late afternoon, but morning and evening she is clear. She began walking my hallways yesterday to begin building back her strength. Now if I can get her to eat! Terry and I have worked all week to preparing tantalizing foods to tempt her appetite. Morgan brought in food from Maggiano's yesterday for her to eat for lunch. She eats less than a bird and I am watching the weight fall off of her. I am hoping once she is up and moving and back feeling like she is gaining ground she will find her appetite again. Six bites of fruit does not a breakfast make.


Grace,
Laurie

"And who is a rock besides our God?- the God who girded me with strength, and made my way safe."-Psalm 18:31-32

Comments

Takeyce said…
OOO!!! Beautiful! I think I saw this tree on a recent visit to Central Park! Well done.

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...