Skip to main content

The Sun will come out...tomorrow. God will create every tomorrow you have. Stop worrying about it and live your life for Him.



Deep blues and whites and greys in the ocean and the contrast colors of the sand slightly golden orange the prefect compliment to the blues by Laurie Pace
©Laurie Pace       Graphics One Design 2026
What Tomorrow May Bring
Commission Oil on Canvas  SOLD  by Laurie Pace  

Who Invented Tomorrow?
Laurie & Gracie | Threads of Grace

Yesterday, I shared a painting of a little girl standing at the edge of the ocean, looking toward a horizon she couldn't see beyond.
I called it The Tomorrows.

My friend Gracie and I were discussing the painting and Ecclesiastes 3:11, my thoughts suddenly my brain wandered to the musical Annie.

I said: “Wasn't it Annie who sang about loving tomorrow? but... God Creates it.”
Gracie: “Annie may have sung about tomorrow, but yep, God invented it.”
And suddenly, there it was.
We didn't invent tomorrow. God did.

Think about how much of our lives we spend preparing for tomorrow.

We plan for it, worry about it, and sometimes wish it would hurry up and arrive. Yet none of us has ever created a single tomorrow. And tomorrow isn't a promise that everything will be easy.

Some tomorrows bring joy beyond anything we imagined. Others bring sorrow, loss, and changes we never would have chosen.

The daughter of one of my oldest friends loved that first ocean painting so much that I painted a much larger version for her home. I'm sharing the only photograph I kept of it, still sitting on my easel.

Looking at that little girl facing the vast ocean reminds me how little we can see of what lies ahead.
Ecclesiastes 3:11 tells us:
“He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end.”

We may not understand what tomorrow will bring.
But tomorrow will never arrive before God does.
So, Annie, keep singing.
I'll keep painting.

And I'll keep trusting the One who created tomorrow.
Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace
 
BLOGGER SEARCH DESCRIPTION

A conversation between artist Laurie Pace and Gracie about Annie, tomorrow, a little girl at the ocean, God's timing, and Ecclesiastes 3:11.

BLOGGER LABELS

Laurie Pace, Elle Pace, Threads of Grace, Laurie and Gracie, Who Invented Tomorrow, ocean painting, faith and art, Ecclesiastes 3:11


Follow the Spirit of the Paint... with Laurie Pace



INSTAGRAM : @LauriePaceBlog   Facebook

Laurie is an international artist, her paintings are collected in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong, Germany, DuBai, Portugal, Italy, France, Germany, the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Poland, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, St Thomas, Romania, Greece, Croatia, and Ecuador.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...