Skip to main content

Standing on the edge of the future... tracing the lines of the horizon as waves crash in on your feet on the beach.... are you with me?



Young girl with golden curls, a white dress and bare feet is walking on the beach towards the blue waves crested in white foam; painting by Laurie Pace
©Laurie Pace       Graphics One Design 2026
At The Ocean
Oil on Canvas  SOLD  by Laurie Pace  

The Tomorrows... are you with me? 

There is something about standing at the edge of the ocean that changes our sense of time.

The water seems endless. The horizon stretches farther than our eyes can follow. And there she stands—small against all that vastness, looking outward.

When I look at this painting now, I think about the tomorrows.

When we are young, there seem to be so many of them. 

We grow each day in our individual ways, reaching toward futures we cannot yet imagine.

And perhaps that shouldn't stop simply because we grow older.

Our tomorrows change. Our plans change. We change. Yet God is still at work in us. God does not change. 

I don't have to see beyond the horizon to know there is something there.

Perhaps our lives are much the same.
We see today. 
God sees beyond the horizon. Elle


Blogger Search Description:
Laurie Pace reflects on a young girl facing the vast ocean, the tomorrows we cannot yet see, God’s beautiful design, and Ecclesiastes 3:11.

Blogger Labels:
Laurie Pace, Elle Pace, Threads of Grace, The Tomorrows, figurative art, girl painting, ocean painting, faith and art, Ecclesiastes 3:11



Follow the Spirit of the Paint... with Laurie Pace

             


INSTAGRAM : @LauriePaceBlog   Facebook

Laurie is an international artist, her paintings are collected in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong, Germany, DuBai, Portugal, Italy, France, Germany, the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Poland, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, St Thomas, Romania, Greece, Croatia, and Ecuador.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...