Skip to main content

A person. A place. A piece of music. Even a painting. She isn't completely revealed....



Colors by Knife layers with texture of golds, greens, reds, oranges, blues and more onto the face and the background...Brilliant colors by Palette Knife by Laurie Pace
©Laurie Pace       Graphics One Design 2026
Falling for You
Oil on Canvas  SOLD  by Laurie Pace  

What makes us fall in love with something when we can't quite explain why?

A person. A place. A piece of music. Even a painting.
When I look again at Falling for You, I remember what I loved about painting her. She isn't completely revealed. 

One eye seems to find you while the other slips behind her hair and all that fractured color.
Her hair becomes streaks and slabs of paint. Her clothing nearly disappears into the marks around her.

And yet, we find her.

Face enough to find her.

Paint enough not to trap her.

Maybe life is like that too.

We spend so much time wanting to understand everything before we're willing to trust. We want the whole picture before taking the next step.
But faith doesn't give us the entire picture.
“For we walk by faith, not by sight.”
— 2 Corinthians 5:7


Sometimes we are given just enough light for the next step—and enough faith to trust what we cannot yet see.
Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace


Blogger search description:
Laurie Pace reflects on her colorful painting Falling for You, trusting what we cannot completely see, and walking by faith rather than sight.
Blogger labels:
Laurie Pace, Elle Pace, Threads of Grace, Falling for You, woman painting, figurative art, palette knife, faith and art, 2 Corinthians 5:7

Follow the Spirit of the Paint... with Laurie Pace

             


INSTAGRAM : @LauriePaceBlog   Facebook

Laurie is an international artist, her paintings are collected in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong, Germany, DuBai, Portugal, Italy, France, Germany, the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Poland, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, St Thomas, Romania, Greece, Croatia, and Ecuador.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...