©Laurie Pace Graphics One Design 2026
Falling into Winter
Oil on Canvas SOLD by Laurie Pace
Falling into Winter — A Season for Everything
It is the last week of September, and here in North Texas, summer seems unwilling to leave.
We had a splash of rain, but nothing measurable at our house. Hubby has kept the trees watered, so they are still holding their leaves. Perhaps sometime between late October and December, Texas will remember it is supposed to be fall.
I am ready.
I came across an older painting today called Falling into Winter. I wasn't looking for a lesson. I was simply looking for a painting filled with fall color. But then I began looking at the horses.
They share the same landscape, surrounded by reds, golds, greens, blues and violets, yet each seems to experience it differently. One bows its head. Another turns. Another lifts its head.
And I thought about the seasons of our own lives.
“There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens.”
— Ecclesiastes 3:1
Our seasons aren't always marked by a calendar. A move can begin one. A loss can begin another. So can a new friendship, a new habit, a change in direction, or the return of something we thought we had left behind.
Some seasons arrive without our permission. Others ask us to make the first move. Falling into Winter reminds me that we do not have to remain unchanged to remain ourselves.
Nature changes. We change. And through all of it, God's hand remains. Sometimes we don't recognize a new season when it begins. We only recognize it when we look back and see where God has been leading us.
God's timing. Not mine.
Blogger Labels
Laurie Pace, Elle Pace, Falling into Winter, horse painting, equine art, colorful horse painting, seasons of life, fall art, faith and art, Christian artist, God's timing, Threads of Grace, Golden Pond Studio
Follow the Spirit of the Paint... with Laurie Pace
Laurie is an international artist, her paintings are collected in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong, Germany, DuBai, Portugal, Italy, France, Germany, the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Poland, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, St Thomas, Romania, Greece, Croatia, and Ecuador.


Comments