He is simply still—sitting somewhere between the dark and the light, in that quiet place where the noise stops for a little while.
I painted this little boy sometime around 2005. Nearly twenty-one years later, I see something in him I may not have completely understood when I painted him.
He is alone, but he isn't lonely.
He is simply still—sitting somewhere between the dark and the light, in that quiet place where the noise stops for a little while.
We all have these moments. We aren't solving anything or planning what comes next. Sometimes we aren't even thinking. We simply rest.
The darkness hasn't disappeared. Life is still waiting for us. But for this one moment, we are safe in the silence.
Perhaps we understood this better as children.
Sometimes peace isn't somewhere we have to go. Sometimes it is simply sitting still long enough to discover that we are already there.
Read the full Threads of Grace story: The Quiet Place
— Laurie Pace | Elle Pace
Labels: Laurie Pace, Elle Pace, Threads of Grace, The Quiet Place, figurative painting, child painting, original oil painting, solitude, peace, stillness, light and shadow, reflective art


Comments