©Laurie Pace Graphics One Design 2026
White Hydrangea
Oil on Canvas SOLD by Laurie Pace
This morning I found myself wandering through old travel photographs from New York. Those photographs of our two trips to New York, stirred memories that made me a little sad, but then something unexpected happened. Instead of looking backward, I began seeing paintings waiting to be created.
White hydrangeas blooming in cool northern summers reminded me of the ones we struggle to keep alive through the relentless Texas heat. Every year, Terry faithfully waters, shades, and nurtures them, reminding me that beauty often requires patience and care.
As I continued scrolling through years of photographs, I realized I wasn't simply revisiting memories—I was rediscovering inspiration. Rivers, forests, horses, flowers, wildlife, and quiet moments I had forgotten are now becoming the foundation for future paintings.
Perhaps we all need to ask ourselves:
Where are you planted right now?
Sometimes the next season of our lives begins by seeing what has been with us all along. Elle aka Laurie
Laurie Pace, Elle Pace, Threads of Grace, White Hydrangeas in Texas Heat, Texas gardens, hydrangeas, artist inspiration, painting from photographs, impressionist painting, floral painting, horse artist, equine artist, creative journey, faith and art, inspiration for artists, Women Artists of the West, original oil painting, Texas artist, New York travels, finding inspiration, artist blog, Christian artist, palette knife painting
Follow the Spirit of the Paint... with Laurie Pace
Laurie is an international artist, her paintings are collected in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong, Germany, DuBai, Portugal, Italy, France, Germany, the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Poland, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, St Thomas, Romania, Greece, Croatia, and Ecuador.


Comments