Skip to main content

What began as ten minutes cleaning one pantry shelf became a reminder that sometimes the things we think we've lost are simply waiting behind everything we've accumulated around them.



Three women in long colorful dresses standing in front of flowering bushes sharing their conversation by Laurie Pace
©Laurie Pace       Graphics One Design 2026
Waiting There for You
Oil on Canvas  SOLD  by Laurie Pace  

Ten Minutes in the Pantry

I told myself I would spend ten minutes cleaning out one pantry shelf.

Twenty-five minutes later, I had discovered two bags of organic flour that expired in 2024, dehydrated blueberries I don't remember ordering, four containers of baking soda, crackers missing since last March, and an unopened bottle of lemon juice—also from 2024.

Out they went.

There wasn't a single expired can. It was simply one overcrowded shelf where little things had disappeared behind other little things.

When I finished, I stood there thinking:

There. I can see what I have again.

Then the morning made its point twice.

I found this screenshot of an older painting in one of my computer folders. I know I painted it, probably sometime between 2018 and 2022. I cannot remember its title, and I haven't yet found the original photograph.

It isn't really lost.

It is simply waiting behind other things.

Maybe our lives need a little pantry cleaning occasionally—not just our cupboards, but our computers, studios, thoughts and memories.

Sometimes ten minutes becomes twenty-five.

Sometimes we throw away the flour.


— Laurie Pace | Elle Pace

SEO / Blogger labels

Laurie Pace, Elle Pace, Ten Minutes in the Pantry, Threads of Grace, artist blog, life reflections, creative life, finding forgotten things, rediscovered art, original paintings, artist life, organizing life, memories, everyday inspiration, art and life, Texas artist

Follow the Spirit of the Paint... with Laurie Pace

             


INSTAGRAM : @LauriePaceBlog   Facebook

Laurie is an international artist, her paintings are collected in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong, Germany, DuBai, Portugal, Italy, France, Germany, the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Poland, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, St Thomas, Romania, Greece, Croatia, and Ecuador.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...