©Laurie Pace Graphics One Design 2026
Rocky Buffalo Herd
Oil on Canvas SOLD by Laurie Pace
“It may not sell.”
Those were Steve's words when I shipped this painting to Mirada Fine Art Gallery and he opened the package.
There they were.
Five rather substantial buffalo staring back at him.
They weren't peacefully grazing in the distance. They weren't standing majestically beneath a western sunset.
They were coming straight at him.
I had begun the painting knowing where the buffalo would be. The mountains created strong V shapes behind them, directing your eye toward the herd.
What I didn't know was how much color those buffalo would eventually acquire.
The buffalo weren't born crazy-colored. They became that way.
Apparently, quite enthusiastically.
By the time Steve opened the package, those five buffalo had become exactly who they intended to be.
His assessment?
“It may not sell.”
Well.
I had already painted them.
I had already shipped them.
And the buffalo certainly weren't going anywhere.
Except, apparently, they were.
The painting sold immediately.
Someone walked into the gallery, saw those five beefy, colorful buffalo coming straight toward them and thought:
THAT ONE.
After all these years of painting, I have learned something about art.
You never really know which painting will find its person.
Sometimes it's the quiet one.
Sometimes it's the beautiful one.
Elle
SEO / Blogger Labels
Laurie Pace, Elle Pace, buffalo painting, bison painting, colorful buffalo art, western art, western wildlife art, wildlife painting, original oil painting, contemporary western art, abstract western art, Texas artist, palette knife painting, Mirada Fine Art Gallery, artist process, painting process, art gallery stories, selling art, artist stories, Threads of Grace, Beefy Buffalo Crazies
Follow the Spirit of the Paint... with Laurie Pace
Laurie is an international artist, her paintings are collected in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong, Germany, DuBai, Portugal, Italy, France, Germany, the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Poland, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, St Thomas, Romania, Greece, Croatia, and Ecuador.


Comments