Skip to main content

In the Top 50 Contemporary Art Blogs for 2026

Purple Haze Horse


Creamy paint full of greens, soft purples and yellows in this dream horse painting by Laurie Pace
©Laurie Pace       Graphics One Design 2026
Purple Haze
Oil on Canvas  SOLD  by Laurie Pace  

The wind, the work in the studio, the quiet pull to return to the canvas — and even the unexpected recognition that reminds you others are seeing it too. This week has been one of those moments. 

As I’ve been working through a series of paintings created from gathered paint — pieces once set aside, now brought forward — I was honored to learn that my blog, Texas Contemporary Fine Artist Laurie Pace, has been recognized as one of the Top 50 Contemporary Art Blogs for 2026. It feels especially meaningful now, as I return to sharing not just the finished work, but the process, the thoughts, and the stories behind each piece.

What began with wind — both outside and within — has moved through these paintings in very different ways. Each one carries its own voice, its own rhythm, its own energy… yet all are connected by the same beginning.

Nothing wasted.
Everything becoming.   
 
This last painting of the three, brings a quieter energy to the series — soft, muted tones layered across the surface, with a single sweeping stroke of purple setting the movement in motion. The horse emerges through layered color, with touches of yellow, green, and white shaping the form.

Painted over a prepared panel, fragments of words remain visible beneath the surface — including the phrase “Be Light” — adding another layer of meaning to the work. The colors themselves carry personal significance, creating a deeper connection within the piece.

As the third painting in my “saved paint” series, Purple Haze reflects a sense of calm and balance. Each painting in this group began the same way, yet each found its own voice — a reminder that nothing is wasted, and everything becomes part of what comes next.  




Follow the Spirit of the Paint... with Laurie Pace

             


INSTAGRAM : @LauriePaceBlog   Facebook

Laurie is an international artist, her paintings are collected in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong, Germany, DuBai, Portugal, Italy, France, Germany, the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Poland, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, St Thomas, Romania, Greece, Croatia, and Ecuador.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...