Skip to main content

Movement with the Violin


The Quiet Voice of the Violin. 

I am not as knowledgeable about the voice of a violin as I am with piano or guitar.
But perhaps that is why this painting stayed with me so deeply.

She is a 10 year old blonde violin player that was brought up with many instruments with Dark red background and she has soft blonde hair and a light white shirt as she plays her violin by Laurie Pace
©Laurie Pace       Graphics One Design 2026
Violin Player
Oil on Canvas  SOLD  by Laurie Pace  


Movement

The flowing sleeves of this young musician caught my attention first — the way fabric moves with the arm, rising and falling as the bow travels across the strings. That gentle wave feels like the music itself, lifting and settling, shaped by the smallest change in pressure or speed.

This is an oil painting, a commissioned piece, and I loved every hour spent on it — about four days of complete focus. Painting her felt like listening without trying to name the notes. Just watching. Just following the motion.

The sound of a violin can lure us — sometimes to dance, sometimes simply to stay very still and listen. It invites you to notice variance: the difference in bow, the pause between phrases, the subtle changes that carry emotion more than volume ever could.

I have never tried to play the violin. It feels like it would demand a level of patience and precision that commands respect.

Music keeps finding its way into my life, even when I don’t expect it.

The violin speaks softly compared to some instruments, but it asks us to listen more closely. And perhaps that is why painting this piece felt so complete — because the music was already there, moving through the motion of her arms, waiting to be seen. 
 Elle
 
oil painting of violinist    music inspired art     figurative oil painting   violin music and art   commissioned oil painting    painter inspired by music    fine art musician painting

Follow the Spirit of the Paint... with Laurie Pace




INSTAGRAM : @LauriePaceBlog   Facebook

Laurie is an international artist, her paintings are collected in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong, Germany, DuBai, Portugal, Italy, France, Germany, the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Poland, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, St Thomas, Romania, Greece, Croatia, and Ecuador.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...