Skip to main content

Rocky Buffalo Herd Afternoon



Buffalos running straight at you in this colorful painting by Laurie Pace
Rocky Buffalo Herd Afternoon
Oil on Canvas  SOLD at Mirada Fine Art  by Laurie Pace  


The Buffalo are loose... and on the run! I should never doubt the painting when it oozes out of me with my palette knife. Steve was having a summer show and I submitted this painting and it was gone quickly. I love my Buffalos!  Hoping you enjoy them too this HOT HOT HOT day in Texas.  

Luke 1:49 "for the Mighty One has done great things for me— holy is his name." 

It has been a solid five days reworking my website. If you have not been there in awhile, please go Ellepace.com and let me know what you think.  I have run it through Chat GPT and adjusted what they found and I was tickled they truly supported and positively commented on everything but one thing. I adjusted that right away. Let me know what you think about it, especially before I announce the reset or 'rebrand'. 

The Texas heat is here in full force. I fell like we live inside the house and try hard NOT to go out in the heat. That is why I chose this week to update my site and clean it up for 2026, which is not too far away.  Stay safe this weekend. I did not post much this week because we have been busy with the storage unit and getting it cleaned out...and me working on my painting and preparing to ship out another one tomorrow.   Have a beautiful weekend. I do not know if I will be posting again or not.   Elle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...