Skip to main content

Horse 10 Midnight 2015


Midnight painting of a horse in the dark by Laurie Pace
©Laurie Pace       Graphics One Design 2025
Horse 10 Midnight 
Oil on Canvas  SOLD  by Laurie Pace  

The beauty of purples and blues sauced with a touch of red maroon, this small horse painting draws me in by the colors I pulled together with my palette knife. For me the salt and pepper that is used on food enhancing certain flavors... but I do not use salt and pepper! I love the taste of naked food with out the spices in most things. My hubby had to learn to adjust! This particular painting would be a strong super big vertical painting with a super large palette knife and lots of purple!

1 Samuel 2:6-7 “The LORD brings death and makes alive; he brings down to the grave and raises up. The LORD sends poverty and wealth; he humbles and he exalts. 

We are reminded through Samuel's words of God's sovereignty  and control over our lives. He is and always will be the ultimate authority to humble us or to elevate us through out our journey. He could bring poverty and trials to some of us, or elevate others and allow them to have wealth in their lifetime. God has known at our creation the time we have for our earthly journey. God has full control over all life and death.   Can you have things happen that take you from one positive thing to another of poverty or illness?  Yes, in a blink. I have watched it happen to my own son. Over the past two years I have had to give this tragedy over the God because I have no control over any of it.  I have to surrender to Him and trust in Him. We cannot predict what our circumstances are from day to day. God is almighty and we must trust and learn to be humble.  I can tell you by experience you can be overwhelmed by uncertainty in a blink of an eye. Don't ever be fooled by thinking, how can it get worse... because it will. 

As you awaken each morning, approach each day knowing God is truly in charge. You are not. Literally from depths of despair and heights of success, things can change rapidly. Allow Him to guide you to find the purpose for this season of life you are living right now. My daughter reminds me constantly this is a season we have been going through over the past three years. Terry and I continue to be grateful to our Father... and try to live each day acknowledging His presence in our lives. 

Approach each day with humility, gratitude, and faith and know He will always be there with you if you fall. Elle 



INSTAGRAM : @LauriePaceBlog   Facebook

Laurie is an international artist, her paintings are collected in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong, Germany, DuBai, Portugal, Italy, France, Germany, the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Poland, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, St Thomas, Romania, Greece, Croatia, and Ecuador.  



GALLERY LINKS

© Graphics One Design 2025

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...