Skip to main content

Red Moon Winter Solstice - Day 9 Giveaway


Red moon rising for the winter Solstice with two horses

©Laurie Pace       Graphics One Design 2024
Red Moon Winter Solstice
Oil on Canvas  SOLD  by Laurie Pace  


Day 9 Giveaway winner is MK Shipp

It is cold here in Texas at night and in the early morning. We thought we were going to have a warm week, but no idea past today any more. This painting was done I think back in 2010 at my studio on the lake. We had a red winter solstice Moon... and it was beautiful... so I painted some horses I had taken photos of at our friends ranch. 

2 Corinthians 12:9 "But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me."

Becoming a grandparent is wonderful. We have a 27 year old grandson we helped raise until he was six. He was our first grandchild.  He calls me "Mum" and his grandfather "Bampa".  It was life changing and especially when they live with you. Your love grows unconditionally for them at the earliest moment of life. Your love grows deeper with each year and experience watching them grow.  When you lose a grandchild it is not just the life lost that you grieve but also all the treasured hopes and dreams of watching them grow into adulthood, marry and have your great grandchildren. We did not lose our first grandson we lost our second grandchild in their middle teens. 

This loss is profound and cannot even be explained. The pain every day is acute and our emotions catch us breaking out in tears that will not stop through out the day and the night. At times it seems impossible to breathe. The journey through this pain seems insurmountable. This will last the rest of our lives because this child had over 15 years of experiences and memories being with us almost every day when they were young... and I homeschooled this child. They painted with me in my studio and they were incredibly talented. 

I do not believe the devastation and pain will just go away. I believe we will learn to live with it for our lifetime ahead. God's grace is sufficient for us as we walk through these days in our pain and sadness. In addition we are really worried about our son and his journey ahead.  

Our Christmas Family Gathering on Christmas Eve Day is forever changed. Hold tight to those you love and count your blessings every day. God is with us.   He goes before us and He walks with us. 
Laurie Pace - A Texas Artist 

Photo of Laurie Pace in Studio

             


INSTAGRAM : @LauriePaceBlog   Facebook

Laurie is an international artist, her paintings are collected in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong, Germany, DuBai, Portugal, Italy, France, Germany, the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Poland, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, St Thomas, Romania, Greece, Croatia, and Ecuador.  



GALLERY LINKS

© Graphics One Design 2024

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...