Skip to main content

Losing Direction . Finding Joy . Contemporary Horse Paintings . Laurie Pace . Faith and Family




  ©+Laurie Pace       Graphics One Design 2019

Losing Direction

30 x 40  Oil on Canvas  SOLD - Pure Justus Contemporary Horse Paintings
Sharing my faith and family. 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
““I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”  Henry David Thoreau

An appropriate painting.. "Losing Directions".  We have all been there in life ...probably several times more than we wanted to be. 

Ultimately we all seek joy in our lives.  Unless you know sorrow, you cannot fully know and appreciate joy.  Are we even able to find complete joy while we journey here on this earth? Is joy here on earth just a taste of what is to come in Heaven when we are there sitting next to Jesus? 

Seems like this earthly journey keeps us on a constant change in life filled with emotions that flip in seconds. Christ is at the end of our search for pure joy and until that time, we have it as a focus to know it lies ahead. Meanwhile our lives continue with frustrations, pain, laughter, contentment, relief, back stepping, twisting and turning. Our pure joy is coming. Seeds have been planted in us for what is to come. 


You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand. Psalm 16:11

Jesus says, “These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full.” John 15:11

Laurie Pace - A Texas Artist 

      




GALLERY LINKS

© Graphics One Design 2019

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...