Skip to main content

Bevo Days . Manner Days . Free Swim . Laurie Pace Artist from Texas



  ©+Laurie Pace       Graphics One Design 2019

Bevo Days

36 x 48  Oil on Canvas  SOLD - Commissioned Painting. 
I have not painted a Bevo in about four years... should I do another one?
#PartOfTheOldDays  #LongHorn . Pure Justus Collection

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“And that was the way it was in the old days before the country grew up and men put their guns away. Someday, and I hope it never comes, there may be a time when the Western hills are empty again and the land will go back to wilderness and the old, hard ways. Enemies may come into our country and times will have changed, but then the boys will come down from the old high hills and belt on their guns again. They can do it if they have to. The guns are hung up, the cows roam fat and lazy, but the old spirit is still there, just as it was when the longhorns came up the trail from Texas, and the boys washed the creeks for gold.”  Louis L'Mour . To Tame a Land

The 'old days.'  I am old enough to remember them, after all my granddaughter reminded me in her wise then years here on earth, that I was born in the last century.  I never felt old until she said that!   The Spirit is still here with me... the beauty of those old days.

I remember getting up at seven in the summer and eating a quick breakfast so I could climb on my bicycle and head to the near by City Pool to meet my friends for FREE SWIM.  This was actually about 1958 and up. 8 a.m. Free Swim.  As we got older, we just saved up our 15 cents to go swimming and lived at the pool for hours. We were a new neighborhood on the shadow edge of the prairie it seemed.  The pool was newly built and full of families, moms and kids.  Today most people have their own pool in their backyard.  So much for socialization skills. 

A friend posted on Facebook a conversation about the words we hear or some of us may use in conversation that are really over the edge.  You hear the GD words in tandem all the time, or just the J word by itself.  You hear cuss words, or substitute words that are popular these days but everyone knows what they mean and it is not nice.  Well, I want to go back in time... to a safer place, where manners were taught and observed.  My parents and grandparents drilled into me "If you can't say something nice, do not say anything at all." Today the world revolves around people wanting their voice and opinion to be heard. Look at me... Notice me... Hear me.  We need a 180 back to manners, kindness and a gentler world. 

Isaiah 54:10 "Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed,” says the LORD, who has compassion on you."


Laurie Pace - A Texas Artist 

      




GALLERY LINKS

© Graphics One Design 2019

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Media Collage Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Justus Pace

  © G.O.D. Laurie Justus Pace      Graphics One Design 2013 Horse Collage Fall 2013  12 x 18 inches Mixed Media on Canvas.  This was an intentional paint to imitate one of the 100 ponies I did in 2012. That poor little 8 x 10 pony was loved by a company to do very large prints and it was not here for me to even use to scan... so I created something with the same heart, a kindred spirit. The underlays are pages from a western book and then torn papers of different varieties were added along with stains of paint and purposeful areas of paint.  This would not be a painting I would do today, but the goal was to capture the spirit of the first painting. This is available for purchase. Please click here  to see pricing and painting. Laurie Pace A Texas Artist Pace Studio  Graphics One Design My Blog          My Website          Gicl...

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...