Skip to main content

Aunt Mary at Cousin Anne's Wedding . Portrait Pop Art by Texas Artist Laurie Justus Pace



  ©+Laurie Pace       Graphics One Design 2018

Aunt Mary at Cousin Anne's Wedding  SOLD  Acrylic on Canvas.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I want to be inside your darkest everything”  Frida Kahlo
I decided to share my pop art collection right now. I am painting but only on one painting of a cowboy that I graduated from High School with. It is realism and dang, it takes 100 hours to paint a 16 x 20 where as in abstract painting it would be 5-8 hours.
Frida painted every emotion but thrived with the pain and suffering she endured in her relationships and in life. I ask my son if he thought people could be addicted to being in pain because of needing attention. Hard to explain but can you be a victim and then use that in getting attention? When you always feel beat down and you feel sorry for yourself, and you use your hurt to gain sympathy and you might think it will get you love, but I do not think so.
Relationships are multifaceted. They can be filled with joy and love one minute and then hit by despair and loneliness the next. I once read a book about our mirrors we push up in front of us facing the mirror outward as if we try to hide what is there inside of us and what people see in us. Like wearing a mask. We have all met people that put on a mask and may laugh and go about like life is wonderful and inside they are hurting and falling apart. Or you might have experienced the Chameleon effect that people become who they think you need them to be. People can be self destructive just literally crying out for a kindness and yet they did not know how to open their heart and their hands to accept anything.
We always try to protect our egos. Sometimes it is easy to self bash, and sometimes it is easier to think ‘better than thou’. Friendships, relationships, man and wife, girlfriend to girlfriend, boyfriend to boyfriend and every mix in between…they are all unique.
Relationships ALWAYS take time invested by both people. They take effort to maintain and you will find times of unhappiness with the other person. You have to learn not to react. One of my favorite articles is with Psychology Today. Terry and I have learned not to react if the other is angry. Hard to do, but it is a must. Enjoy the read. It is a good one.
Ezekiel 13:22 “For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent and live!”

#horsepainting  #lauriepaceart  #equineart

Laurie Pace
A Texas Artist 


GALLERY LINKS

© Graphics One Design 2018

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...