Skip to main content

Wondering ... Balancing Life, Sailboat Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Justus Pace



  ©+Laurie Pace       Graphics One Design 2017

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We are not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be."  C.S. Lewis

I cannot even remember the last time I wrote to you in my Art Journal.  The past two months have been filled with reflection on direction.  I am already contemplating my word for next year... one thought is, "Let it be"   Yes it is three words, but easy to remember.  I am still debating what shall serve me the best for growth next year as we take the journey into 2018.

Some of you may have noticed, but I did pull my work from Rare Gallery in Jackson.  I have been there ten years and I just felt it was time.  Then Kasum Contemporary closed their doors this week and that was truly sad. They were only three hours away and very easy to take new work to them.   Things change and change is good.  

Another gift that I opened the summer, was helping my eldest son with his website, Genevafi.com    Together we designed the site and I am still putting in quite a few hours each month as we set up branch pages and individual pages. ALL while the company seems to grow in leaps and bounds.  I cherish working with my eldest son... and I am truly enjoying working with the people I have met as I set up their pages.  

Trying to balance painting with computer is never easy... so that is the current quandary. 

May your day be filled with life.

"Give Thanks in ALL Circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ, Jesus." 


#horsepainting  #lauriepaceart  #equineart

Laurie Pace
A Texas Artist 


GALLERY LINKS

© Graphics One Design 2017

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...