Skip to main content

Wishful Thinking... HOPE Flower painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace



  ©+Laurie Pace       Graphics One Design 2017

Fair Flowers SOLD  Oil on Canvas.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." C S Lewis


Have you ever heard someone say, "Wishful thinking!"? 

I know today I was out in the garden cutting roses. I had high hopes or WISHFUL THINKING of collecting a vase full for the weekend. I found two roses, one yellow one from our Orphan Rose that belonged to Terry's mom, and one red one from my JFK rose bush. I also cruised by the peach tree and last year we had hoped to have a few peaches but it was newly planted... wishful thinking...ahah, this year that tree is loaded with peaches. 

Wishful thinking might be having the kitchen cabinets finished for Christmas this year… we started them last year at this time; and for Steve to return to finish the TV cabinet he started 15 months ago. 

Hope is different.  Hope is seeing everything positive when so much might be wrong around you. Paul writes about hope in the bible. He recognizes the world as it is filled with pain and tragedy. That is part of reality and we have to acknowledge that fact. He declares that true hope can only come from a realistic view of the world, and this view is only possible through our faith in God. 

Paul sums up by saying “we have our hope on the living God.” 1 Timothy 4:10  Our faith gives us hope. Our hope sees the activity of God all around us. Hebrews 11:1 tells us “faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen”. 

 Our hope lies in God. Wishful thinking does not. Only God can fulfill our needs. May God breathe into you the inspiration for positive life, wholeness and health. May He bless you with abundance and blessings. Our hope lies in Him. 

“And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.” Hebrews 11:6


#horsepainting  #lauriepaceart  #equineart

Laurie Pace
A Texas Artist 


GALLERY LINKS

© Graphics One Design 2017

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...