Skip to main content

The Wild Horse in Us .... Contemporary Horse paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace



  ©+Laurie Pace       Graphics One Design 2017

 Summer Horse 79 2012  Size: 8 x 8  Oil on Canvas.Sold
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Blame it or praise it, there is no denying the wild horse in us.” Virginia Woolf, Jacob’s Room

I agree our nature is renewed day by day, but I also need my sleep by night. That certainly recharges my batteries. I read somewhere that your ‘day’ begins the night before when you climb into bed.  Think about that.  So when you pull up those covers you are setting the stage for what you now think of as tomorrow.   

Every new day/night brings to you a new change and a chance to choose a new path. You can begin again. If you chose to start this as you climb into bed, you realize then, your day is over. The night ahead is for tomorrow.  Forgive and forget what needs to be left behind and begin anew as you turn in tonight. Every day I have intentions to do things and they slowly fall to the side as priorities step in front of them. Sometimes I feel at the end of the day I am further behind than when I got up.  But I do not want this to affect my sleep tonight. 

I will aspire to be an expression of my Father. Generosity shall be upfront today, mingled with love and kindness.  He will support me as I go through this night and the new day.  God will not fail me. He will support me as I endeavor to be centered in Him throughout this day and sleep in his love tonight. When I need an "attitude adjustment", I know He will gently remind me to recheck and realign my thoughts and intentions. With every breath, every word and every encounter you have a new beginning today and tonight. 

"Our inner nature is being renewed day by day." 2 Corinthians 4:16 


#horsepainting  #lauriepaceart  #equineart

Laurie Pace
A Texas Artist 


GALLERY LINKS

© Graphics One Design 2017

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...