Skip to main content

The First Morning . . . Sailboat Paintings by Laurie Pace



  ©+Laurie Pace       Graphics One Design 2017

The First Morning Size: 24 x 36 Oil on Canvas.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Morning has broken like the first morning.  Blackbird has spoken like the first bird. Praise for the singing, Praise for the morning, Praise for them springing fresh from the world."  Steven Curtis Chapman

In mid June this painting will be in a show opening in New York at a gallery in Watkins Glen. I wish I had time to paint a few more sailboats as they are very calming to paint and to have hanging around the studio.  The song by Steven Curtis Chapman is one of my favorites of course learned at an early age in my teen years and a favorite in the shower at daybreak. 

David is the writer of Psalm 103.  God's mercy is for his people and it will continue longer than their lives and their present state in life. This mercy belongs to those who life a life of faith and fear God. They keep his covenant and hold it fast and do not let go of it. God's people treasure him and will not break their relationship with him, as they live a life of obedience keeping His commandments.  For me the early morning is a simple treasured reminder as I begin my day to have the gift of the sunrise in glorious magnitude and color painted across the horizon blooming into the sky above me. Morning has broken. 

"But from everlasting to everlasting the Lord's love is with those who fear him, and his righteousness with their children's children. Psalm 103:17


#horsepainting  #lauriepaceart  #equineart

Laurie Pace
A Texas Artist 


GALLERY LINKS

© Graphics One Design 2017

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...