Skip to main content

Dominion over the Cow and the Horse . . .Does that include the dog? Laurie Pace Texas Artist Commissioned Paintings



  ©+Laurie Pace       Graphics One Design 2017

Painting SOCK 24 x 36 Gift  
Oil on Canvas. SOLD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The very beginning of Genesis tells us that God created man in order to give him dominion over fish and fowl and all creatures. Of course, Genesis was written by a man, not a horse. There is no certainty that God actually did grant man dominion over other creatures. What seems more likely, in face, is that man invented God to sanctify the dominion that he had usurped for himself over the cow and the horse".  Milan Kundera, The Unbearable LIghtness of Being.

Well, I chucked over the quote, but do not believe for an instant, that I do not believe that God did indeed do the creation as written by the stories handed down through Moses. I go with God and Moses.... but I love how we grow so close to our animals with our love and finishing up this painting was so much fun.  

Terry and I have been reading the Bible cover to cover this year and walking this journey finds us in the Old Testament Books, reading them from the beginning, and in Psalms, Proverbs and the New Testament. We truly love reading and studying together each morning. The big take away this month are those Israelites. Seems to take a mountain falling on them before they realize how serious God is about their behavior.  God took it seriously that the chosen people seemed to honor other gods and things before him. They would get a good spiritual leader in charge and then ...WHAM... God would come after them because they were wandering so far off track. We are in Judges right now, and we both feel like we have lived through so much of this and find ourselves guilty of not putting God first in life and in our marriage.  Much to learn as we read each morning and allow it to bloom in our lives.  

"When the Lord saw that they humbled themselves, this word of the Lord came to Shemaiah, "Since they have humbled themselves, I will not destroy them but will soon give them deliverance. My wrath will not be poured out on Jerusalem through Shishak. They will, however become subject to him, so that they may learn the difference between serving me and serving the kings of other lands."   


#horsepainting  #lauriepaceart  #equineart

Laurie Pace
A Texas Artist 


GALLERY LINKS

© Graphics One Design 2017

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...