Skip to main content

Under the Moon Contemporary Guitar painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace


Cut Away under the Moon by Laurie Pace © Laurie Pace 2014


  ©+Laurie Pace       Graphics One Design 2016

Size 24 x 36 Oil on Canvas Available.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Say you’ll marry me when I come back or, before God, I won’t go. I’ll stay around here and play a guitar under your window every night and sing at the top of my voice and compromise you, so you’ll have to marry me to save your reputation.” ― Margaret Mitchell, Gone with the Wind
When I painted this piece I did not read Margaret Mitchell's quote.... I would have laughed all the way through the painting.  My parents bought my first guitar when I was about 11 or 12.  I played the piano so I became self taught on the guitar.  I have a medium decent singing voice and once I got my guitar, Katy bar the door... I sang all the time.   I took  my guitar everywhere. I wrote songs, played songs and sang whenever I could.
This painting is of my Taylor guitar.  It is a 'cut away' so hence the name of the painting.  Under the moon...because I love singing every night with my guitar. Have you ever been this passionate about anything in life?  That is the exact excited passion you should have for the Lord God. Every day should be one of open eyes, prayerful thanks and the acknowledgement that this is the day that the Lord has made. Let His will be done and not yours or mine.  Go today and SING all day long and all night!  God is good.
"make music to the LORD with the harp, with the harp and the sound of singing." Psalm 98:5
Laurie


#horsepainting  #lauriepaceart  #equineart

Laurie Pace
A Texas Artist 


GALLERY LINKS

© Graphics One Design 2015

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Media Collage Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Justus Pace

  © G.O.D. Laurie Justus Pace      Graphics One Design 2013 Horse Collage Fall 2013  12 x 18 inches Mixed Media on Canvas.  This was an intentional paint to imitate one of the 100 ponies I did in 2012. That poor little 8 x 10 pony was loved by a company to do very large prints and it was not here for me to even use to scan... so I created something with the same heart, a kindred spirit. The underlays are pages from a western book and then torn papers of different varieties were added along with stains of paint and purposeful areas of paint.  This would not be a painting I would do today, but the goal was to capture the spirit of the first painting. This is available for purchase. Please click here  to see pricing and painting. Laurie Pace A Texas Artist Pace Studio  Graphics One Design My Blog          My Website          Gicl...

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...