Skip to main content

A Taste of the Wild... are you ready? Laurie Pace Art Contemporary Horse Paintings



  ©+Laurie Pace       Graphics One Design 2016

Wild West Show At Mirada Fine Art
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“You call yourself a free spirit, a "wild thing," and you're terrified somebody's gonna stick you in a cage. Well baby, you're already in that cage. You built it yourself. And it's not bounded in the west by Tulip, Texas, or in the east by Somali-land. It's wherever you go. Because no matter where you run, you just end up running into yourself.” ― Truman Capote, Breakfast at Tiffany's
Breakfast at Tiffany's is one of my favorite Audrey films. I have followed her since I was a little girl, awed by her grace and beauty in each and every film.  This quote by Truman Capote rings loud for all of us.  You just cannot run from things in life... especially yourself.  Celebrate what you have and use the gifts you have been given.
Personally I struggle with self esteem issues.  Why I do not know. I modeled from age 13 to age 35.  You would think, why?  So do I.   I believe it resulted from things that happened growing up and the need to seek approval from others for who I was...or today who I am. Even today I wonder who I truly am because I have spent most of my life transforming into whatever I needed to be to survive.   How do you stop? 
I am hoping to start with priorities and changing those up a bit as we made this downsized move. Things are changing around us and we have to allow the change to settle in without the 'panic' settling in. Today is not yesterday and tomorrow is not here.  Letting go and shaking off the control is new.  Deep breath... God is here and He has the lead. Time to let go and be WILD!
The show opens in Indian Hills at Mirada Fine Art on June 17th.  There is an outside chance we will drive up for it.  I hope you will stop by and see all the beautiful work by the artists in the show. I am honored by Steve Sonnen and his staff at Mirada.  
2 Chronicles 7:14New International Version (NIV)  "If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land." 
Laurie

#horsepainting  #lauriepaceart  #equineart

Laurie Pace
A Texas Artist 


GALLERY LINKS

© Graphics One Design 2015

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...