Skip to main content

Horse Painting 42 Herd of Painted Ponies by Texas Artist Laurie Pace


  © G.O.D. Laurie Justus Pace      Graphics One Design 2014

Horse Painting 42
Herd of Painted Ponies 
9 x 12 inches Oil on Canvas.

Available Paintings by Laurie Pace 

YUM... that is what I felt looking at this baby!  I love working with Carmel brown, now called Brown Pink. Never have found the 'pink' in it, but I love the color. So many small horses appeared in the background of this painting that it created a full herd. 

Today is our wedding anniversary. Terry and I have been married forever... or it feels that way. When you have been with someone so long that your heart beats together and you know each other's mind as well as sensing the mood or thoughts... you know each other well. That would be 49 years of knowing each other.  A long time! 

As I mentioned yesterday, we met in 1965. Seventh Grade, Lake Highlands Jr High School.



 Our bowling date ... we were not doing much bowling in 1966.



This was a 'party' at Candy Moser's house.  It was after the games... twister and spin the bottle. Gotta love those brown pants with orange polka dots. He has on a paisley shirt.... we were something else.


We laugh looking at this picture. We had to dress up.  Terry borrowed a suit coat from my dad with a tie, and I was in my mom's purple dress with her pearls. It was our engagement picture in Spring 1991.


Then from the wedding album in May 1991. 


All of our friends from high school were in our wedding in 1991.

We are blessed. Happy Anniversary dear Husband.


#horsepainting  #lauriepaceart  #equineart



Laurie Pace
A Texas Artist 


GALLERY LINKS

© Graphics One Design 2014

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...