Skip to main content

On my Easel Horse Painting by A Texas Artist Laurie Pace

On my Easel in Progress:

30 x 40 inches Oil

Really not sure what direction I will end up. I have been working this horse painting this week. The paint is very thick and there is no impasto mixed in. Try as I may it is hard to paint with out color, so I know it is coming soon.  Watch for progress tomorrow.


©Laurie Pace    Graphics One Design 1998-2012 
Contact me for your own commissioned painting or to purchase this piece: Laurie    



Where do you rest?

We were up at three this morning.  Terry's tummy was not smiling.  When I dropped peppermint oil on his tummy and turned on his heating pad, he was swiftly snoring away.

I laid there and rearranged pillows trying to get comfortable after being awakened so abruptly. I kept those squirrels in my head at bay... and my mind begin to lay things at the cross again. Anything that trickled into my head trying to steal my peace was purposely left at the foot of that cross.

Suddenly a mantra popped in my head and I was repeating it to myself to remember to use it in my blog... and I must have fallen asleep to the sound,


"Lay it at the foot of the cross, Giving it up is not a loss.
Jesus will bear the pain; safe in God's arms you will remain." LPace


Each of us has our way of finding rest. At times we struggle.  Until we can release ourselves from the struggle we remain in circular motion unable to find rest.

Rest in Him this day.

Words of my heart, Laurie

"He makes me lie down in green pastures;..he restores my soul." Psalm 23:2, 3


 
GALLERY LINKS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...