Skip to main content

Heart Painting by A Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Heart Painting
6 x 6 inches framed in a black contemporary frame.
 Acrylic on Board.
$135 includes shipping.   


Contact me for your own commissioned painting 
or to purchase this piece: Laurie     


©Laurie Pace    Graphics One Design 1998-2011  


Building to a  Crescendo


I marvel at God's greatness each daybreak as I wake to Terry starting his coffee or Paddy rustling around to wake us both up. The new brightness of this day and this moment and the many blessings that are surrounding me and God's love lifting me up from a good night's sleep. This morning I woke to the sound of Lady L's feet pattering in the hall and her loud whispers of "Bampa awake?"

The reminder on this Friday in this second week of advent is accept God's direction in this day. In our self-reliant independence we often forget He truly knows what is best for us.  In our stubbornness it is easy to assert our way claiming control and what we define as freedom while we are truly creating a self-destructive life.



As the story of this day plays out, think of it as a musical composition.

Parts of this piece will build 'dal niente'. Those are the startling things out of nowhere. The encountering of friends is fortepiano, loud to soft and always in a crowd, in rillievo; some voice louder than others always standing out. The marcato moments, stressed and pronounced as well as the sotto voce, the undertoned moments in the day, softly whispered.  Through out all of this He is calmando... always calm and steady.

Take today to enjoy the Father's touch in the composition of this day. Be drawn in the invitation  to live your life touched by the grace of God with in you. Look forward in hope and turn to Him in trust knowing He will truly guide your steps as you work together on the composition of this day.
 
Click here to read more.

Laurie        

 
GALLERY LINKS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...