Skip to main content

Abstract Horse Painting Four Black Horses by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Four Black Horses
24 x 36 inches Color Oil on Canvas
SOLD


 ©Laurie Pace    Graphics One Design 1998-2011  
Contact me for your own commissioned painting or 
to purchase this piece: Laurie    


Record Setting Temperatures Today in Texas AGAIN!

I am late posting today and probably will miss posting tomorrow...but you never know. Much is happening and we are in and out of Dallas.  

Today is another bruiser day of 105 degrees outside. I breaks records all the way back to 1930 they say.  Never been this hot this long and I think it puts our area way over 80 plus days of 100 plus temperatures.  A small cool front is due through for a bit more relief.

I had jumped in with cooler weather and started walking up to four or five miles and I obviously injured my body doing it too quickly...so as the cooler weather does come, go easy as you begin walking again if you are in Texas.
Terry spent the morning watering all the vegetation out back to make it through this afternoon's heat wave.  


We spent the weekend at Lady L's house visiting.  She enjoyed doing bubbles with her Bampa the most....just watching those bubbles travel across the porch, out to the backyard and some disappearing over the fence. I was busy watching the joy on her face.  

Next trip in I think I will take her my small easel.  Have to visit with her mom about that.  Then set up more times to go in and paint with her. She is a natural with her paint brush.

Laurie         

"Finally, all of you, be like-minded, be sympathetic, love one another, be compassionate and humble.” 1 Peter 3:8 NIV


 
GALLERY LINKS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...