Skip to main content

Summer Sunset Sail 2011 Sailboat Painting for a movie by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Summer Sunset Sail 2011
This was commissioned for a movie that is being filmed in SLC.
It is a small painting but the entire film will eventually involve this tiny painting.
SOLD
6.5 x 6.5 inches Oil on 300 lb watercolor paper   

 ©Laurie Pace    Graphics One Design 1998-2011  
Contact me for your own commissioned painting: Laurie    

Reflections

Mother said to me at age 82 she cherishes all of her memories made over the years.  She encourages Terry and I to continue making those memories because they will sustain us in hard times and lonely times ahead.

I look back often on memories of my mother's mother, my Nonnie.  She lived part of her year in Dallas with our family and then the rest of the year with my aunt and her family in St Louis, which was Nonnie's home. I learned so much from my grandmother and if she had not given of herself to spend part of her life with us in Dallas, I would have missed out on many things in my life that I have used and loved.  She taught me how to sew.  I literally made 95% of my kids clothing. I use to make men's shirts and jumpsuits as well as 90% of my own clothes.   I do not sew as much today but I can make drapes, curtains, clothes, bedspreads, etc and this all came from the things Nonnie taught me as she shared her time and life with us.

I build forward in those same areas with others today... teaching, mentoring, and sharing my life.  I look back at so many wonderful people that touched my life from professors in college, to aunts and uncles and cousins, to sorority sisters and other moms as we grew up together raising our children.  We all contributed to each others lives.  Open love and willingness to share with each other brings positive change to all of our lives.  For this I am grateful.

Lord, thank you for the positive presence so many people have had in my life.

Laurie        
 
"When I remember you in my prayers, I always thak my God." Philemon 1:4

 
GALLERY LINKS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...