Skip to main content

Wolf Wildlife Oil Painting WISE ONE by Texas Contemporary Wildlife Artist Laurie Pace

WISE ONE
Beautiful Wolf Painting with expressive wide brush and thick paint.
This will go with my collection of wolf pieces I have been working on this summer.  Each of them in a different style.

Available.
 Email Me.
3 ft by 3 ft  Oil on Canvas 
      © Laurie Pace   Graphics One Design 1998-2011

LOVE

When I was a teen I consulted my Grandmother on happiness.  It was not that I was an unhappy teen, but somehow I felt something missing in my life.  She would hug me and say happiness is like a butterfly. You can go chasing it but you will never catch it.  Happiness lands on you when you least expect it.

For Lady L that was falling asleep while reading her book, "I LOVE YOU THROUGH AND THROUGH".


So then I think of life in general and what most of us want is acceptance. Acceptance for who we are right now in life. We all want love; we all go searching for love with that acceptance.  My grandmother would tell me it was like a butterfly as well, elusive to my searching.   Neale Donald Walsch put it best, " If you think that love is what you want, you will go searching for it all over the place. If you think love is what you are, you will go sharing it all over the place."

Ties in with what I wrote yesterday and being centered on the ego and the needs of ourselves and not focused on giving out the energy or love.  Love is not what we want, but it is what we are.

Laurie        
"You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love."
Galatians 5:12-14
 
 
GALLERY LINKS

Comments

Olga Wagner said…
Laurie - WOW...Your work in absolutely incredible. The color choices on this wolf are just WOW!

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...