Skip to main content

Winter White Wolf Abstract Contemporary Wolf Wildlife Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

White Winter Wolf
24 x 30 inches   Oil on Canvas   
Available through Mirada Fine Art

  © Laurie Pace Graphics One Design 1998-2011
Contact me: Laurie





The Outside Cover

Growing up I often heard the phrase, "Don't judge a book by it's outside cover."

This applies to situations in life, to people around us and to many other things besides books.  Often what appears to be is truly what is not.  I am guilty of often seeing a stranger dressed a certain way or acting a certain way and immediately making  a judgment thought in my head.  Definitely not the Christian thing to do and it is not mine to judge or even come close to focusing on.   I am pretty good about not voicing things out loud, but God hears my every thought and I am guilty as charged. 

That little inner voice always is quick to line me back up on the right thought road.  Concentrate on giving to others and doing for others. Take care of your own business first.   Remember when viewing life things are never as they appear so do not be quick to assume anything.

Cowboys & Indians Magazine once wrote an article on my artwork comparing it to the term pareidolia.  That is to be explained as seeing things in something. Like the man in the moon, or animals in cloud shapes.  Sometimes when you look at my paintings, you may see things that are not truly there, or you may see what I have found in the pulls on my own. Lately as I work, I have been trying to achieve an even deeper abstraction in every painting.  So you can't really 'judge' my paintings by your initial viewing... you have to spend time viewing it and being drawn within the content.  Often what appears to be is truly what is not. 

Apply it all to life.  Look deeper into the giving and serving and forget about the judging and assuming.  Allow life to happen and enjoy it moment by moment. Don't think so much, live more and give more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...