Skip to main content

The Stance Abstract Horse Painting in Progress by Contemporary Texas Equine artist Laurie Pace

Progression on The Stance
24 x 30 inches  Mixed Media on Canvas

This unique piece is in progress. As this horse painting proceeds I will post updates. I truly am sitting on this debating on direction.


      © Laurie Pace Graphics One Design 1998-2011
Contact Me: Laurie

Taking A Stance

Sometimes in life we have to take a stance.  You either are or you are not.  We must stand up for what is right; for what is truth; for what is moral; for what is best in God's plan.  Compromise might be word that sounds good, but if you are truly a believer there is no compromise.  We take a stance in the name of the Lord.

If you are called a fanatic, let it go, let it be, be yourself and take your stance. Stand on God's word; stand on God's promise to man; Stand in God's light and His love. 

Several months ago Terry and I had to take a new stand on our health and our eating habits.  We knew just as you know, that beef is not good for you.  Sugar and white flour is not good for you.  Bread is not good for you.  Olive oil is not as good as you think it is for you.

We took a stance for better health.  God wants us to take care of our bodies, physically and emotionally. (We blew it last night when Vicki brought a birthday cake for Paul to dinner, but 98% of the time we are on target for eating better and living better.)  There has not been a loaf of bread in this house since Christmas. Occasionally Terry will buy English muffins, wheat.   Dairy has been cut back too.  Dairy is hard to digest.  We buy maybe a quart of milk every month.  We do eat a tiny bit of plain yogurt each morning... and believe it or not, we only eat one meal a day.  The yogurt is only a fourth cup with blueberries and bananas and that tides us over until one or two in the afternoon and we eat a huge salad, fresh veggies and usually fish or chicken.

A year ago I would have laughed at you if you told me I would be eating like this.  We always ate three meals a day and had a snack at night.  No wonder my weight was climbing.  With almost 20 pounds off (four 5lb bags of sugar) I can do so much more and I feel so much better.  I do not miss the food.  My weakness is birthday cake, so last night was one of those rare nights in that 2% area.
Check out www.EatRightAmerica.com  and take a stance for better health.

Is it time for you to take a stance?

Here is our dear Sheriff Paul Fletcher, Franklin County Texas.  One year older and one year better.  (yeah they make you wear those funny hats...his gun is in his holster... Arriba! )




Laurie        

"And the Levites—Jeshua, Kadmiel, Bani, Hashabneiah, Sherebiah, Hodiah, Shebaniah and Pethahiah—said: “Stand up and praise the LORD your God, who is from everlasting to everlasting.”
   “Blessed be your glorious name, and may it be exalted above all blessing and praise. You alone are the LORD. You made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and all their starry host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship you." Nehemiah 9:5-6
 
GALLERY LINKS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...