Skip to main content

Spring Princess, Paint Pony Horse Painting by Texas Equine Artist Laurie Pace

Progression on Spring Princess
20 x 30 x 2 inches  Oil on Canvas
Available... but in progress...

       

INNER VOICE

I know several days ago I wrote about listening to that inner voice that pipes up when thoughts start rolling through your head and your are trying to make decisions.  Yesterday I loved the way Neale Donald Walsch put it in his email:

"On this day of your life, I believe God wants you to know...

...that a hunch is angel talk, and probably should not be
ignored.

Listen to your hunches, pay attention to your intuition,
do not dismiss your random thoughts, inspirations or
ideas. Heaven talks in snippets, not in speeches. Angels
whisper fast. They have to when they're flying around...

Honor your Hints from Heaven. They could be giving
you the best advice you ever had.
"

I believe this to be true when I paint as well as in my life daily.   I work and work and think I am done with a painting, but an inner voice says, NO NO NO. You are not done.  The best thing for me is to step away and wait until the morrow to look it over and debate direction.   Yesterday I was working on the Spring Princess above. It is from a photo from Darcy in South Dakota at the Double HP Horse Rescue.  The horse is pretty good but the back ground is still undecided. Today I will return to the studio and work on it some more. (Darcy keeps me supplied with awesome photos from her babies. I love painting these horses. I usually know each of their rescue stories.  The group puts out a wonderful calendar every year as well. Click here to see their blog and buy a calendar.)

I did this a year ago with another painting in Acrylic and it became a favorite after I reworked it.  Dancing in the Moonlight. It went east to live... and it is in a treasured home...they have several commission paintings and then bought this one from me.


Now that does not cover the OTHER painting I started yesterday and overworked and by mid afternoon I had scrapped the canvas.  No telling what direction that one will go.  I trust that God knows.

Listen carefully to those little voices... as Neale says.. the Angels talk in whispers and if you do not stop to listen... you will never hear God.

Laurie        
 
“For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.” - 2 Corinthians 5:14-15
 
GALLERY LINKS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...