Skip to main content

Rollover Red Horse Oil Painting by Texas Contemporary Equine Artist Laurie Pace

Rollover Red
30 x 30 inches  Oil on Canvas

SOLD

I painted this horse painting in March of 2007 just a week after we buried our oldest grandson, Grant.  I cannot look at this image without smiling because the measured strokes, the chosen palette and the movement in the composition all reflect his dynamic personality.   He was blessed with Autism and we were blessed with him in our lives.  He painted with me just a few weeks before his death and his last precious work hangs in Stacey and Larry's home.

This roll over Horse Painting is painted with Holbein Duo oils on canvas. It lends itself to expressionism with the coloration of favisum along the way.

     

Behavior

Actions always speak louder than words. I do not believe any child hits the age of 18 without that phrase drilled into their head.  One's behavior is testimony to who they are, reflecting how they think by how they act.

Holy thoughts cannot exist with corrupt behavior. How many times have you seen someone profess to be a believer and see their actions as they ignore the needy or turn a deaf ear to cries of hunger?

If we are of Christ, God's Holy Spirit lives in us guiding us to live right.  If you are reaching out to the world serving those in need, you are living a Godly life and setting a remarkable example.  Others will be drawn to your kindness and your gracious loving ways. His life shines from you.

I have shared this before... but when we took Grant to church he love it. He sang along in his sweet singsong voice and he stayed peacefully quiet as we prayed.  He loved going to church. At the end of the service there was always a hearty AMEN from his lips and a big smile as he half walked and half hopped out the door.  His simple childlike love and God's grace beamed down on all of us.

What kind of example do you set for others? How bright is your light?

Laurie        

James 2:17  "It isn't enough just to have faith. Faith that doesn't show itself by good deeds is not faith at all, it is dead and useless."

 
GALLERY LINKS

Comments

I like your red horse painting! Great work! Thanks for sharing this!...Daniel

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...