Skip to main content

Contemporary Horse Painting FULL MOON by Texas Equine Artist Laurie Pace

 Full Moon

This deviates from all the reds I have been painting.  Purple is my favorite color so I decided to use it in this elegant night horse painting.  I used both a palette knife and a wide brush working on this one. It may or may not be done... I will only post it again if I do make major changes.  She is really pretty in person.

Soothing and quiet...SHHH  you can here her hooves in the water breaking the silence of the moon.

20 x 30  Oil on Canvas   
© Laurie Pace  Graphics One Design 1998-2011
Contact me: Laurie 

You Can Get Glad Just like you Got Mad or Sad.

Quoting my awesomely wise father-in-law, Ben, who we lost last September... I have to jump in on this one this morning.  Change is inevitable. Change is constant. Change is not always what we want. Change occurs every single second of our life.

Change is not sad, nor is change happy.  Change is only Change.

Do you meet the changes and challenges in your life with a positive attitude? It is strictly your attitude that determines how change affects you.  If you resist it you are certain to be overwhelmed. Some things may hit you as positive and good, and others as negative and daunting.

Begin today with a positive attitude. No matter what changes today, prepare to meet it head on with this new positive attitude. An open mind will allow more blessings into your life. God has blessings and lessons 'attached' to every change in your life.

Loosing Ben last fall was expected and unexpected. Relief was there that he no longer struggled to breathe. Relief was there that his pain was over and it did not drag out over a year of battling for breath.

The hole in our life is HUGE.  We fill it with memories and lessons he shared throughout Terry's lifetime and our marriage. His bible is used in our home and we have files and files of his writings and jokes he shared in his Sunday School room when he taught.  He was the best example of meeting life with a positive attitude and sharing a smile with every single person he met.  (He also threw in some stories along the way!)

Laurie
         
"For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1 
 
GALLERY LINKS

Comments

Laura Frantz said…
Love the picture of Ben on the right, Laurie. What a beautiful smile! And this is a beautiful post. It's a wonderful reminder of God's grace and our need to be thankful no matter what He allows into our lives. Praying you and your family have a blessed Easter.

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...