Skip to main content

Spring Dusk Abstract Horse Painting by Texas Equine Artist Laurie Pace

Spring Dusk
9 x 12 inches  Oil on Canvas Board
 
  © Laurie Pace   Graphics One Design 1998-2011   

BID HERE


LADY L IS TO ARRIVE

After today I am not sure if I will be blogging much. I promise to TRY to get posts up and a few lines, but Lady L is coming to visit.  Jonathan is almost 14 so it has been 12 years since I dealt with a two year old.

Terry and I were discussing rules at the breakfast table. After visiting with Sheriff Paul and hearing about his 11 year old grand-daughter that watches TV and dances in the early 1 am hours we are making plans.  So Lady L will have limited TV here as we do not want her to start bad habits early at age two.

Paul was giving us his agenda with his grand-daughter for the day.  They are digging a post hole for his new flag; burning trash logs and roasting marshmallows; feeding the cows and horses and riding the four wheeler over two hundred acres.   TP and I looked at each other and decided NONE of the above were things to do with a two year old.

We will go visit the zebras and camels; they will probably terrorize her as dogs are not her favorite right now. We will walk a lot; note to her mom, bring the red wagon. We will go to Lowes just to go and pick out flowers and allow her to run around the store; note to self, do that BEFORE nap time. We will call someone with kids and find out  where there are playgrounds for little ones; not sure they exist here. ( OH YEAH, there is a Mickey D's in Mt Pleasant).  We will have to go to the ALCO in town with her and buy her a fishing pole...and then go pretend to fish.  I guess if it gets warm we can get a small pool for her to splash in; note to her mom, bring a bathing suit.  I need to visit KinderARt.com for some color sheets.

If you have ideas, email me. 

Meanwhile Terry and I are baby proofing the house. I will have to lock up my paints in the tool chest.  PRAY please...

Laurie        
 
"Let the children come to me, Don't stop them! For the kingdom of God belongs to such as these." Mark 10:14
 
GALLERY LINKS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Media Collage Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Justus Pace

  © G.O.D. Laurie Justus Pace      Graphics One Design 2013 Horse Collage Fall 2013  12 x 18 inches Mixed Media on Canvas.  This was an intentional paint to imitate one of the 100 ponies I did in 2012. That poor little 8 x 10 pony was loved by a company to do very large prints and it was not here for me to even use to scan... so I created something with the same heart, a kindred spirit. The underlays are pages from a western book and then torn papers of different varieties were added along with stains of paint and purposeful areas of paint.  This would not be a painting I would do today, but the goal was to capture the spirit of the first painting. This is available for purchase. Please click here  to see pricing and painting. Laurie Pace A Texas Artist Pace Studio  Graphics One Design My Blog          My Website          Gicl...

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...