Skip to main content

FINISHED LARGE DINNER PAINTING by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Finished Dinner painting'
4 ft by 12 ft  Oil on Canvas
 This is the finish of this painting. It is with a decorator in Highland Park Texas.
Julie Guidry is a home designer with a flair for art.

Contact me for commission work. Laurie

  © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010


Who are you? or should I ask, Who do you think you are?

There are many people we honor in our lives who are important to us. We look to them as our mentors and we respect what they say and do as they seem to set that high example in living life and honoring God.  If you look closer you will find they not only honor God but they honor themselves as a child of God. 

How can you begin to do that in your life? We all have that small inner voice that talks to us all day long.  We have that continuous conversation going in our thought part of your mind. For me that is the dangerous part.  I can convince myself of almost anything and talk myself into anything and definitely rationalize anything.  Am I honoring God and myself when I do this? No.

Be quiet and listen.  There is deeper inside, a small quieter voice.  This voice nudges you and keeps you on the straight and narrow.  It is the little voice that reminds you to exercise and to eat better each day. If you are like me, that louder voice in my head rapidly dreams of fried chicken and sweet tea at Chicken Express.  My quiet voice is saying "salad at home, you have all the ingredients."

We have to learn to stop the obnoxious noise of endless thoughts and prattle in our minds and begin listening to God.  He speaks through that quiet voice.  He has given us our gifts and talents and we have to use our human choice on how to use them in our lives. He gives us constant opportunities to do more and learn more. 

Spending time with God and in His Word allow reflection and study as we can apply what we read to our present day journey.  We want to reflect His Love, Grace, Wisdom, Knowledge, Joy etc. to those around us. We honor Him through our reflections and actions to others. You are indeed an honored child of God.
 
Laurie

"As God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, clothe yourselves, with compassion, kindness, humility, meekness and patience." Colossians 3:12

Comments

Julia Kulish said…
This is wonderful! I so enjoyed watching the process and found myself looking forward to seeing the next phse posted. Nice job.

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...