Skip to main content

Sheer Grit for Emma Girl Soccer Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Sheer Grit in progress'
For Emma....
  Oil on Canvas

Commissioned Painting
Contact me for commission work. Laurie
   © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010



It was a wild day yesterday tramping through the woods carrying my guitar, camera equipment, white screens, tripods and jugs of water.   Ken says we are throwing shoot almost everything and I believe there is some voice over yet to do... and we will be done.

Terry posed on the dock with me for a still picture. We have not had any done in a long long time.  I can't wait to see it.  


The painting above is in progress.  This is one I promised to paint last year and am just now catching up to get it down. It will hang in the upcoming art show until I get some other piece finished.  Not sure where my time goes... being retired is hard when you never get a day off.

Yesterday I painted leaves. I had collected some on the morning nature walk and I traced them onto water color canvas... then begin laying layers of watercolor. Ken filmed that one.  Also work on this one for about two hours but I didn't get to shoot its progress yet... I will this morning when the sun comes up.

Terry was bit by a feral cat in our neighborhood so we spent a few hours at the ER last night.  Antibiotics was the main need and our neighbors are going to try and help catch the cat tomorrow morning.   It has not had rabies shots.  The cat and our dog had a tangle and Terry was trying to keep them separated...the cat turned on Terry's hand and clamped down pretty hard.  It is swollen a bit this morning but we will have the antibiotic prescription filled and keep a close watch out for the cat. Keep him in prayer please.

 Here is a shot I took today on the nature walk. I think Ken is using a panning of this area to open up the video...






May God's palette paint your life full of beauty.
Laurie  

O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water.”- Psalm 63:1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...