Skip to main content

Petite Flowers Abstract Heavy Oil Palette knife Flower Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Petite Flowers'
8 x 10  Oil on Canvas
SOLD
Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie
  © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010

IT has been a day and feels almost like two days.  We had the memorial service for my fatherinlaw Ben yesterday afternoon.  It was a celebration of a life made special by the blessing God gave this man. He touched the lives of EVERYONE he met every single day of his life.

This morning we are heading to the VA cemetery for an honorary military funeral.  Terry will be presented with the flag from his father's service. This means so very much to him.  I told him last night that God has graced and blessed him with some of the same fine gifts of his father.  I am blessed to have him as my husband ( and sometimes there are times I bless him more than others!)  Stacey recited a beautiful poem for her grandfather and Terry stood and gave a wonderful tribute to his dad.

I forgot to mention that Sunday we visited at Uncle George's home and saw  John Ford Coley. He is Terry's first cousin.  We have not seen John in quite a few years.  I know you will know him if you hear his music. He sang with England Dan.  Here is John's website...CLICK HERE.  He is traveling right now with his music in the Philippines. He walks this faith every single day and believes in the touch of the Lord in everyone's life.   I believe Terry and I will plan to attend one of his concerts now that we are retired..just pick and choose where to travel to and enjoy the journey.

I am excited about going home today. It has been sooo long since we were there.  Paddy is waiting for us to be there with him.  I have so many pictures to unload and paint from and so many pictures to share.

I am praying for you this day that the Lord brings light into your life and you will see the beauty of his love.
Laurie
“Be glad, O people of Zion, rejoice in the LORD your God, for he has given you the autumn rains in righteousness. He sends you abundant showers, both autumn and spring rains, as before.”- Joel 2:23

Comments

Margaret said…
Love your colors. Just everything you do jumps off the canvas and makes one react to it. Fabulous!

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...