Skip to main content

Four Abreast Abstract Equine Art Contemporary Horse Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Justus Pace

'Four Abreast'
30 x 40 inches BIG!  Oil on Canvas
SOLD
Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie
  © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010


We may see this one in reverse.  I want to share the pictures of how it came to be so the next few days I will post progress shots.


I realized late last night my blog did not post yesterday. It did, but it did late.  If you missed it, scroll down because the new painting is one of my favorites! New style and new approach.

Yesterday when I worked on this one, I had another one on the second easel.
  I worked on it too. Yesterday was an 18 hour paint day.  I am tired still this morning.  The second canvas was scrapped twice.  My record is three times, but I have a ton of paint scrapped off that must go into other paintings.  I do not waste paint ever.  Some of my best pieces are from scrapped paint.


I can only hear God chuckling over that one. Some of His best masterpiece humans were scrapped a few times too before they became an acceptable "Master Piece" of God's.   Obviously the hardest part is we can't seem to get rid of our own negative issues that we label ourselves with keeping the status-quo of who we think we are.   You are so much more.  Scrape out all the trash in your head, those labels, and see what raw rough beauty remains.  You don't have to be like you are today. Believe in change and God touching your life.  Believe in remaining open to His grace for you.

You are a Masterpiece.

Laurie

“Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.”- John 1:12-13

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...