Skip to main content

'Five Hydrangea' floral art Flower Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Five Hydrangea'
12 x 12  Oil on Canvas

Special Pricing, contact me!
Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie
 © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010

Starting the week right... yesterday I clean up and out all the cabinets in the kitchen and then I attacked my closet.  I can't believe how much stuff I had in there. I definitely did away with a chunk of it and reorganized the rest. I have many more winter clothes than summer clothes. Yeah, I know winter clothes take up more room. I am up early and we are heading into Dallas.

We have been sailing this weekend and enjoying the last days of August. The wind was not cooperative yesterday... it was too calm to sail.  Makes me shudder when I think of the calm before the storm.  Eventually it has to rain again and the temps have to drop under 100 degrees.

We went swimming at Paul and Vicky's yesterday and enjoyed wonderful roasted chicken as well as the best conversation.  Wish we could do it more often but our schedules seem jammed full.

I just finished doing the blogsite for the Franklin County GOP Party. We have some adjustments to make as I fine tune it, but it is up and going. Next will be the main website.

Do you have things to clean out in your life?  Often we get mired under all we collect.  Let go of the good to prepare for the better. God does have it for you. He gives us ALL THINGS.


Laurie  

“He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?”- Romans 8:32

Comments

Angela said…
The colors in this painting are so dreamy! Love it!

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Media Collage Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Justus Pace

  © G.O.D. Laurie Justus Pace      Graphics One Design 2013 Horse Collage Fall 2013  12 x 18 inches Mixed Media on Canvas.  This was an intentional paint to imitate one of the 100 ponies I did in 2012. That poor little 8 x 10 pony was loved by a company to do very large prints and it was not here for me to even use to scan... so I created something with the same heart, a kindred spirit. The underlays are pages from a western book and then torn papers of different varieties were added along with stains of paint and purposeful areas of paint.  This would not be a painting I would do today, but the goal was to capture the spirit of the first painting. This is available for purchase. Please click here  to see pricing and painting. Laurie Pace A Texas Artist Pace Studio  Graphics One Design My Blog          My Website          Gicl...

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...