Skip to main content

Sketches Preparation is Important in Painting and in life by Texas Artist Laurie Justus Pace

Sketches




Preparing for a painting always requires sketches...

Contact me for commission work. Laurie
   © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010




Preparation is an important thing in life for almost everything. Spur of the moment is usually more like life is, but if you are preparing all along and have a good foundation, you are doing the needed prep work.

The grass Terry and I planted is doing fabulously.  We dipped each square of grass in a big tub of fertilizer water of Miracle Grow before we placed it on the ground.  My back hurt for over a week as we laid 150 grass squares.  But this preparation has paid off to solid sod that looks as good as it feels.  The dog loves it. The snakes love it... we all love it. Good preparation.

Preparation before we cook is important. We made his mother's meat loaf recipe again last night. Of course it always leaves me overfull...but it is good.  We had to prepare ahead by having all the needed ingredients.   Things just go together better when you don't have to substitute things in a recipe. 

I could list all day long things it is better to be prepared for... but the most important is when you come to God in prayer.  He likes it best that way and if your mind is clear of clutter and the "I wants and I needs", you can really listen to Him speaking to your heart. Our journey in life is our preparation for the journey into the here after.  Are you prepared?


Laurie

“I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.”- Philippians 3:14

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...