Skip to main content

'Dancing in the Moonlight' Equine Horse Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Dancing in the Moonlight'
24 x 24  Acrylic on Canvas

Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie
   © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010


The Painting:  Energy... night... passion... it all seem to appear on the canvas.

The Thought:  A lot of stuff appears at night... just ask my Kerrie Blue Terrier, Paddy.




 We moved to the country and this dog does not like the outside and especially does not like the outside at night.  He is not a tiny dog... He is about 40 inches tall and almost 60 pounds.  We already established he cannot catch a deer, but he is swift and can out distance us pretty quick.


Night time is not his time anymore.  He used to love night life.  We never could get him to come in. I remember going out in the backyard in Justin (Where we had two acres) and using a flashlight to herd him and Annie back in the house. They loved the nighttime.   


If it is after seven PM.. Paddy is NOT going outside.  The noise is deafening on the pond and he will not budge from the house.  He is convinced there are more than lions and tigers and bears out there....he truly doesn't know what it is, but he does not like it at all.


I can't blame him. I am squeamish about the walk from the back door to the hot tub.  

We have to remember God made the night just as He made the day.
With the rotation of the earth we pass from the rays of the sun to the careful watch of the moon... beaming God's grace to us... accompanied by the host of stars in the heavens.  Symbolically night is the time for rest for us humans... but for those darn bull frogs... that is when the action begins and the symphony starts.

I guess you have to be there. Maybe I need to record it all once.  God is there with them and Paddy and I and He is just grinning to beat the band, or is that to outshine those frogs?


We had a special day yesterday with a fabulous visit from my heart sister Jan that lovingly proofs all my Heart books each year. She and her husband Arlo were in for a grand-daugther's graduation from college here in Texas. The drove two hours to spend the day with us and it was a glorious day. Jan has not aged a bit in the three or four years since I last hugged her neck and Arlo is as handsome as ever.  We promised to return the visit to Phoenix this year so I can visit her wonderful life.  We may have to leave Paddy at home.

Laurie  

“The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.”- Zephaniah 3:17  (Even with the singing of the bull frogs.....)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Media Collage Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Justus Pace

  © G.O.D. Laurie Justus Pace      Graphics One Design 2013 Horse Collage Fall 2013  12 x 18 inches Mixed Media on Canvas.  This was an intentional paint to imitate one of the 100 ponies I did in 2012. That poor little 8 x 10 pony was loved by a company to do very large prints and it was not here for me to even use to scan... so I created something with the same heart, a kindred spirit. The underlays are pages from a western book and then torn papers of different varieties were added along with stains of paint and purposeful areas of paint.  This would not be a painting I would do today, but the goal was to capture the spirit of the first painting. This is available for purchase. Please click here  to see pricing and painting. Laurie Pace A Texas Artist Pace Studio  Graphics One Design My Blog          My Website          Gicl...

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...